CITIZENS POLICE ACADEMY (Volunteer)
The Tomah Police Department is currently not accepting any Citizens Police Academy applications. Please check back for further information on the 2016 academy class and if it will be offered. Thank you for your interest in the Tomah Citizens Police Academy.
The 2009 Citizens Police Academy class will be starting March 11, 2009 and go from 0900 AM - 1200 NOON every Wednesday. There will be 12-weeks of classroom activities, culminating with a graduation/recognition dinner following the classroom portion.
The following qualifications and standards are established to insure hiring the best candidate for employment. The minimum qualifications are:
- Must be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of Wisconsin.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver's License at the time of the class.
- Must be of good moral character.
- Must live or work in the City of Tomah.
- Applications for the volunteer Citizens Police Academy may be made to:
Tomah Police Department
805 Superior Avenue
Tomah, WI 54660
Ph: (608) 374-7407